We realize that Thanksgiving is over, but we just HAD to share a few of our preschoolers’ instructions for cooking a turkey. After all, there are other turkey-worthy holidays coming up and you may want to try out some of these priceless tips.
- Take a little bit of salt and shake it. Mix it with those little red dots. Cook for 20 seconds in the oven. Wait for it to ding like this, “DING!”
- Put it in the oven until it is this big (arms spread wide). Then eat it with something to drink, like orange juice
- Put tacos in it and meat stew. Add turkey and ham and roast beef. Just cook it from an oven
- Get a turkey in the bathroom. Cook it in the oven and then take it out.
- You just need to buy it and put ingredients in it, like basil. Stir it around and put it in the oven for 1 hour.
- Cook your turkey with the white things in it…bones! Put skin on it and chicken. When it comes out, you eat it.
- Cook the turkey with leaves, okay? Put sauce in, pizza sauce, okay?
- Dad always puts salt on it and then he adds pie crust, put no pie. Add a piece of pepper and maybe a spoonful of meat. Put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
So, there you have it folks, some helpful hints for preparing the perfect turkey, straight from South Shore Conservatory’s 3-Day preschool class!
BTW – students who move on to SSC’s PreK are introduced to the culinary arts, so we may want to ask these students for additional tips next year.
Find out more about SSC’s arts-integrated preschool/prek/k online at